Sept 16, 2017
Bell Cow Lake, Chandler OK
Ride manager: Louise Burton, 5220 Honey Creek Rd, Okmulgee OK 74447 (918)756-3757 email@example.com
DIRECTIONS: Chandler OK is located between Oklahoma City and Tulsa on 1-44. Take exit 166 and turn north on hwy 18. Go 1/4 mile and turn west (left) on 890. Do not follow curve, go straight, continuing west into campground.
CAMPGROUND: Public restrooms, showers, electric and primitive campsites. Tie poles with limited space for pens at campsites. There are plenty of electric campsites and they are first come first served. Please pay a honor box behind the restrooms.
THIS RIDE GOVERNED BY THE 2016 AERC RULES. ALL RIDERS SHOULD BE FAMILIAR AND COMPLY WITH SUCH RULES.
1. Any breed of horse or mule is welcome. The animal must be at least 5 years old to enter the 50 mile, and 4 years old for the 25 mile ride.
2. Shoes are reccommended. There is no gravel or loose rock, but embedded rock on trail..
3. All horses should check in Friday evening, before dark, if possible.
4. Junior riders must remain with sponsor throughout the ride. ALL junior riders MUST wear approved protective head gear! Junior riders must remain within sight and hearing range of the sponsor at all times.
5. All animals are subject to saliva, blood or urine tests by vet. No animal will be allowed to ride without vet approval.
6. No minimum riding time. Maximum total time: 25 miles: 6 hr 50 miles: 12 hr
7. First to finish and meet criteria in 50 mile ride is declared winner. Winner of the 25 mile ride is calculated when the horse meets the criteria of 60bpm. HORSES MUST BE FIT TO CONTINUE TO RECEIVE COMPLETION!!
8. Ride management reserves the right to remove any person who is disruptive to the ride or endangers the safety of others.
9. DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES!
10. ALL horses in camp must have a negative Coggins within 1 year!
Feb 3 2018
Bell Cow Lake, Chandler, OK
This ride, and Weather the Storm (Feb 17) are BARE BONES rides. Everyone is required to bring a new item for awards. We will put them on a table and first place gets first choice, etc. You can ride a 50 or a 25 for $75. You can elevate, but you have to decide at the 15 mile check. You must be able to do your own pulse, as we may not have a pulse taker. We will have only one vet. We are not taking pre entries, please RSVP by email. The ride will be postponed if the weather does not permit! This is an opportunity to keep your pony in shape during the winter and make a little money for the club!
DIRECTIONS: Chandler, OK is conveniently located between Oklahoma City and Tulsa on I-44. Take Exit #166 then turn North on Highway 18 and go ¼ mile to 890 Rd. turn West (left). Go approximately 1 ½ miles. Do not follow curve, continue West 2 miles into equestrian campground.
Campground: Public restrooms with showers, electric and primitive campsites. Tie poles with limited space for pens at most campsites.
Trails: Scenic established trails through woods and meadows.
Ride Manager: Louise Burton 918-756-3757 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept 16, 2017
Please e-mail to confirm you are coming, do NOT send in pre-entries!
e-mail___________________________First Ride?____ Jr(age)_____Sr____DISTANCE____
_____Featherweight(under 161 lb) ____Lightweight(161-185 lb)
_____Middleweight(186-210 lb) _______Heavyweight(211+lb)
Age___Sex___First ride at this distance?_____Date of last Neg. Coggins___________(Required for ALL!)
*FEES: JR __________Sr
25 miles: $35jr/$70sr 50 miles: $45jr/$80sr
NON AERC members must pay a $15 day member fee. You can join at the Ride!
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN RELEASE BELOW
The undersigned, inconsideration of acceptance of this entry, does hereby for himself , his heirs, executors, and administrators, waive and release the Okmulgee Cougar Prowl and all persons connected with said ride from any and all right, claim, or liability of any kind that I may have as a result of participation in this event. Furthermore, I do hereby acknowledge that this release will extend to any accidents, damages, or claims arising out of my acts or the acts of anyone or any animal within or beyond my control. I hereby certify that I fully understand that there are risks involved with equine activities and I freely assume the risks that I or any member of my family may suffer personal injury and/or property damage.
SIGNATURE OF RIDER________________________________________________date__________
SIGNATURE OF HORSE OWNER____________________________________
SIGNATURE OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF JUNIOR________________